- Community Center Forums Set for November
- Liberty Printing House
- Board Approves Bicycle Master Plan
- Herndon Trinity Presbyterian Holds Fall Festival
- Herndon Middle Presents Play On History Of Herndon
- Herndon Cadets Participate in GWU Event
- Herndon Field Hockey Beats Westfield, Wins Conference 5 Championship
- Herndon Field Hockey Unfazed by First Loss
- Bumbrey, McLaughlin Lead Herndon Football to Winning Record
- Yang, Heier Lead Oakton Volleyball to Victory
- Running Out of Efficacy
- Editorial: Change for the Better in Fairfax County Schools
- Self-Indulgent or Self-Effacing
- Editorial: Yes to Fairfax Transportation Bond
- Editorial: Coming - Children’s Connection
- Opinion: Vote ‘Yes’ on Transportation Bond
- New Election Proposals Considered
- Warner, Gillespie Clash in U.S. Senate Debate
- Voting Early, Absentee
- New Voter Identification Requirements
Town Parks and Recreation wants input on changes.
Herndon Parks and Recreation Department wants to know what residents want changed at the community center. With the changing demographics in town, the department hopes to find out what services are needed in the next 10 years through upcoming forums.
New business finds freedom in Herndon.
The freedom of the press means more to Samer Zaiber and Ahmed Al-Sammarraie than to most. As immigrants from Iraq who have been stalked and threatened for their work with American funded projects, the owners of Liberty Printing House brought their ideas of freedom to a country that takes pride in the word.
Your guide to entertainment in Fairfax County.
For those looking to fill their calendar with some home-brewed, Fairfax County fun stuff (read: entertainment and diversion), The Connection's Fairfax County Entertainment Calendar has many options: weekend jaunts and larks; date night inspiration; winter-to-spring fun; day-long festivals and events; art-outings; family fun-and-learning fusions; plays and shows; beyond-Small Business Saturday local shopping and bazaars; markets of handcrafted wares; music; 1Ks to marathons... the list goes on. If you know of an event not listed in our entertainment calendar, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for happenings in south Fairfax County or email@example.com for entertainment in the northern parts of the county.
Families attend fall festival outdoor event.
Herndon’s Trinity Presbyterian Church held a children’s fall festival the afternoon of Sunday, Oct. 26. The fall festival activities included a cupcake walk, art and craft event, and trunk or treating.
Play presented at Hendon and Virginia Theatre Association conference.
Eighth grade students in the class of Herndon Middle School drama teacher Scott D. Pafumi performed a one act play on the history of Herndon on Oct. 23 at Herndon Middle School. The one act play covered the period from 1858 to the present.